Spinach/palak-1 bunch,around 15 leaves
Potatoes-4,boiled and mashed
Green peas- 1 cup,cooked and roughly mashed
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Chaat masala powder-1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves-1/2 cup chopped
Bread-4-5 slices(crumb it in the mixer)
Carrot-1 medium sized,grated
Cashewnuts- 8,chopped finely
Oil- 2 tbsp approx
Oil-1/2 cup to deep fry
Chiroti rawa(Fine semolina)-1/4 cup to coat the kababs
- Wash,chop roughly the palak leaves and blanch it in hot water for 7-8 minutes.
- Drain it in a colander,run cold water and drain the palak again.
- Blend it to a paste with green chilly,garlic and coriander leaves without adding water.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil and saute chopped onions until brown in colour.
- Add spinach puree and saute it until the moisture evaporates and dries completely.
- Add turmeric powder,boiled potatoes,mashed green peas,bread crumbs,salt to taste,chaat masala powder and grated carrot.
- You may also add chilly powder if you want it more spicy.
- Off the flame and transfer the mixture to a bowl,add Cashewnuts bits and cornflour.
- Once the mixture cools,pinch lemon sized balls and slightly flatten it.
- Heat 1/2 cup oil,dip the kababs in semolina and coat it on both the sides and drop it in smoked oil.
- Use a perforated ladle and fry it on both sides until brown and crisp.
- Transfer it on a kitchen tissue to drain off excess oil.
- Serve it hot with ketchup and green chutney.