Vali(Indian spinach)-3 cups of leaves and 1 cup of stem,chopped
Tur dal-1/4 cup,cooked
Salt -to taste
Onion-1 chopped finely
Onion-1,chopped finely to season
Ingredients for the masala:
Coconut-1 1/2 cups
Short red chillies-3(roasted in a tsp of oil)
Long red chillies-3(roasted in a tsp of oil)
Tamarind- marble sized
- Cook the spinach in the cooker for 1 whistle in a cooker adding a cup of water.
- Add salt, jaggery,chopped onion to the cooked spinach, take a boil and keep it aside.
- For the masala procedure refer- here
- Add the masala to the cooked spinach,add cooked tur dal and take a boil.
- Heat oil in a tadka pan and fry the onions until reddish brown in colour.
- Season it to the curry and close the lid immediately.
- You may also season the curry with mustard seeds(1 tsp) and curry leaves(few) instead of onion.
- Serve it hot with rice.