Recipe adapted from : Niyas World
Below measurements are of 200 ml cup=1 cup capacity
All purpose flour-1/2 cup(100 ml)
Unsalted Butter-50 g(room temperature)
Butter 1 tsp to grease the dish
Eggs-2 (net weight 100 g)
Sugar powdered-1/2 cup
Vanilla essence-1 tsp
Orange or lemon rind- 1 tsp(optional)
Baking powder-1/2 tsp
Salt- a pinch
- Grease a round tin with 1 tsp butter and little flour and preheat the oven at 180 D.C /350 D.F.
- Sieve all purpose flour,baking powder and salt thrice.
- Cream butter and sugar powder together and beat until creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat it further.
- Add flour in two batches and mix it well using a spatula.
- Avoid using an electric beater once you add flour mixture.
- Lastly add essence,honey,rind and mix it.
- Pour the batter in the greased tin and bake for 25 -30 minutes at 180 D.C.
- I got slightly caramelized shade but you may also bake until you get a golden yellow colour or until done.
- Cool it for few minutes and cut it into slices.
- To cut the slice, you may heat the knife and slice for better results.