Sindhi dal or Sindhi Dal /Pakwan is a popular Sindhi dish and I had prepared this for breakfast few days back.Everybody in the house liked it very much and the dish looked very healthy.Sindhi dal is served with the Pakwans which is nothing but Puri,but in Sindhi style.Sindhi dal is incomplete without Pakwans.I referred many recipes and adapted this.
For pakwan click : here
Chana dal – 1 cup
Water – 3 cups
Oil – 1 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Green chillies -3,chopped
Asafoetida – a pinch
To garnish :
Green chutney – as much as needed
Sweet chutney – as much as needed
Amchur powder – 1tsp
Coriander leaves -2 tbsp,chopped
Onions – 1,chopped (optional)
- Wash the dal,soak it for an hour.
- Cook the dal in 3 cups of water for 1 whistle until just cooked.
- Once cooked ,add salt to taste and take a boil.
- Heat oil in a pan,splutter jeera,add green chillies,hing and haldi powder.
- Season it to the dal.
- Garnish with the ingredients mentioned under the list for each serving as much as needed.
- Serve it hot with Pakwans.