Hello dear readers! Today I will share Andhra style raw mango rice. ‘Mavinakayi’ means raw mango. This is again Nandini akka’s recipe. I just love her recipe’s since it is always full proof. If you love tangy taste and love chitranna then this is a must try recipe. Chitranna is the most popular breakfast in Bangalore. My daughter loves raw mango rice and since it is the season I tried a new recipe this time. I have already shared my recipe earlier . I have slightly modified the recipe as per our needs.
Recipe credit : Kinis kitchen
Cooked rice – 2 cups approx
Chana dal – 2tsp
Mustard seeds – 1tsp
Urad dal – 1tsp
Red chilly – 2, broken
Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt – to taste
Peanuts – handful
Grated raw mango – 1/2 cup
Oil – 2 tbsp
Ingredients to be ground:
Grated coconut – 2tbsp
Cumin seeds – 1tsp
Oil – 2tsp
Red chillies – 3
Hing – 1/2 tsp
Grated mango -2 tbsp
- Heat oil and roast the ingredients mentioned under ‘to be ground’ .
- Grind it to a paste and keep it aside.
- Heat 2tbsp oil in a pan, add mustard seeds.
- Once it splutters add urad dal,chana dal and roast until light brown.
- Add curry leaves,red chillies, hing and peanuts.
- Roast until peanuts turns brown in colour.
- You may also use roasted peanuts.
- Add turmeric powder and grated mango.
- Saute it for few minutes.
- Now add the ground paste and saute it for few minutes.
- Add cooked rice,salt to taste and mix it.
- Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves.