Hello dear readers! Today I’m going to share an old family recipe which I specially searched from my handwritten recipe book to share in the space. It is almost 2 decades old. I found the picture of the dish in one of my folder. I will replace the picture soon as and when I prepare. This rice is one of my favourite dish .
Recipe credit : Santoshi Nayak
Basmathi rice – 2 cups
Rajma – 1 cup, cooked(I used tinned)
Capsicum – 1, sliced
Garlic – 12 flakes, crushed
Tomato- 2 chopped
Chilly powder – 1 tsp or to taste
Haldi powder – 1/4 tsp
Mixed vegetables – 1cup(carrot, mushroom, green peas)
Salt – to taste
Fried onions – 1 cup
Oil – 3 tbsp approx
- Heat oil in a pan, add crushed garlic and saute for a minute.
- Add mixed vegetables and saute until it slightly cooks.
- Add tomatoes and cook it until little mushy.
- Once all the vegetables are cooked add capsicum and saute for a minute.
- Add chilly powder and haldi powder.
- Add cooked rice, cooked rajma and salt to taste.
- Mix it well.
- Lastly add fried onions and mix it well.
- Serve it hot.