Hello dear readers! This is the third recipe of ghee rice in the space. And this time it is Santoshi Nayak’s recipe. This recipe tastes just like that of restaurant. It tastes rich because it is flavoured with coconut milk and fried onions and other garnishes which enhances the taste. Do give it a try dear readers!!
Recipe credit : Santoshi Nayak
Basmathi rice – 1 cup
Onions- 3, slice thinly
Cloves – 3-4
Cardamom – 4
Cinnamon – 1″
Raisins – few
Cashewnuts – 10 -12
Ghee – 2 tbsp – 1tsp
Curry leaves – 3 sprigs
Green chilly – 2 chopped
Bay leaf -1
Coconut mil – 1 cup(200 ml)
Water – 1.5 cups
Oil – to deep fry
Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp, chopped
- Slice the onions as thin as possible.
- Remove the top stem by inserting the knife and scoop it out.
- Then slice the onions.
- By removing the stalk it gives better results as onions gets fried evenly and turns crisp as the petals gets separated.
- Deep fry curry leaves until crisp and keep it aside.
- Deep fry green chillies also.
- Heat 1 tsp ghee and saute cashewnuts and raisins and keep it ready.
- Wash basmathi rice well.
- You may also soak it for 10 minutes if you desire( I didn’t)
- Heat 2 tbsp ghee, add whole garam masala and saute for few seconds.
- Add washed rice, salt to taste, coconut milk and water.
- Take a boil and check for salt.
- Then close the lid and exactly take 1 whistle and switch off the flame.
- Once the pressure releases open the lid, and separate the grains delicately with the help of a fork.
- Mix the fried onion, dry fruits, curry leaves and green chillies.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.