Recipe adapted from:Flavors and colors
Pav or laddi pav- 4 packets(Pack of 4,makes 16)
Ingredients for the masala:
Capsicum-1 1/2 ,chopped
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Red chilly powder-2 tsp or to taste
Everest Pav Bhaji Masala Powder-2 1/2 tsp
Lemon juice-2 tbsp
Coriander leaves-handful,finely chopped
Butter-3 tbsp approx to apply for the pav(I used home made butter)
For garnish or stuffing:
Cheese -5-6 cubes grated(I used Gouda cheese)
Nylon sev-1/2 cup approx
Method for the masala:
- Heat oil and butter in a pan,saute onions until translucent.
- Add capsicum and saute further for few seconds.
- Add grated garlic and tomatoes and saute until tomatoes gets mushy.
- Add pav bhaji masala and all the powders and saute for a minute.
- Cook till all the masala blends well.
- Lastly add lemon juice,coriander leaves and mix it.
- Keep the masala dry.
How to proceed:
- Take the laddi pav,slit it carefully in between,keeping both the pieces intact and apply butter on both sides.
- Smear the masala inside the pav.
- Sprinkle sev all over the masala.
- Spread chopped onions.
- Finally spread grated cheese.
- Press the stuffed pav lightly.
- Heat a tawa and roast the stuffed pav on both the sides.
- Serve it hot.
- Originally,the buttered bread is toasted first and then the stuffing is filled.
- Santoshi says we may prepare the stuffing part and refrigerate for a day,roast it whenever we want.
- You may also keep everything ready in the morning and final roasting part can be done in the evening or snack time when the kids come back from school.
- You may also prepare this pav without cheese.
- I used Pomegranate only for decoration.