Palak leaves-15 no’s (spinach)
Ingredients for the batter:
Bengal gram flour-1 cup
Rice flour-1/4 cup
Chilly powder-1/4 tsp
Kalonji(Onion seeds)-1/4 tsp(I didn’t add since I didn’t have)
Salt- to taste
Water-as much as needed to prepare the batter
Ingredients for the garnish:
Sweet chutney-as per taste
Green chutney-as per taste
Chaat masala-as much needed to sprinkle
Chilly powder-as much needed to sprinkle
Coriander leaves-2-3 tbsp,chopped finely
Nylon sev-1/4 cup
Potato chips-few to garnish(optional)
Pomegranate seeds-1 cup
Sugar-1/4 cup approx
Kala namak-1/4 tsp(black salt)
- Wash the spinach leaves thoroughly and wipe it well or spread it on a plate.
- Add sugar, pinch of salt, pinch of chilly powder and kala namak to the curds and whip it slightly.
- Refrigerate the curds until use.
- Prepare the batter mentioned in the list to a slightly thick batter.
- Heat oil and meanwhile dip the spinach leaves in the batter and spread it on a plate.
- Drop the coated spinach in the smoking oil and adjust the flame so that it doesn’t get burnt.
- Fry it on both the sides until crisp and light brown in colour and keep it aside.
How to proceed:
- Arrange 2-3 fried palak leaves on a plate.
- Spread chilled curds all over the leaves.
- Add sweet chutney,green chutney,chaat masala powder and chilly powder.
- Next add pomegranate seeds,sev,crushed potato chips and finally garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve it immediately.