Carrot-1,diced into cubes
Green peas-1/3 cup(I used frozen)
Cauliflower-1 cup,cut into small florets
Red capsicum-few cubes
Green capsicum- few cubes
Yellow capsicum-few cubes
Chilly powder- 1tsp
Garam masala powder-1 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Coriander powder-1 tsp
Onion-2,chopped into medium pieces
Coriander leaves-1/4 cup,chopped,to garnish
Ingredients for the paste:
Coriander seeds-2 tsp
- Saute paneer in a tsp of oil or ghee until light brown.(This step is optional)
- Steam the vegetables until just done,don’t overcook it.*
- Make a paste with the ingredients mentioned in the list.
- Take a pan,heat ghee/oil,fry chopped onions until translucent.
- Add the ground paste and saute it until the raw smell goes.
- Add chilly powder,turmeric powder,garam masala powder and coriander powder one by one and saute for a minute.
- Add steamed vegetables,paneer,salt to taste and a pinch of sugar.
- Add water and adjust the consistency of the gravy.
- Take a boil and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve it hot with ghee rice.
How to steam vegetables:
- Chop and wash the vegetables well,transfer it in a vessel,add little salt and toss it well and place the vessel in the pressure cooker with little water filled in the pressure cooker.
- Don’t add water directly to the vegetables.
- Take 2 whistles and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Once the steam releases open the lid.
- You may also boil the vegetables directly in a vessel or cooker.