This is the second Chole recipe in the space.Chole Bhature is always my favourite dish and my kids also love it to the core.I followed my regular recipe with slight additions which I adapted from Santoshi Nayak plus modified it as per my needs..This aromatic chole compliments well with Bhature.I will be posting both the dishes together but will be compiling in two separate posts as it will be convenient for the readers.
For Bhatura click : Here
Kabuli chana – 100 g
Tomatoes -2 -3 ,pureed
Ginger -1 tbsp,grated
Coriander powder -1 tsp
Cumin powder -1/2 tsp
Kala namak powder -a pinch
Fennel seeds powder – 1/4 tsp
Cardamom powder – 2 pinch
Cinnamon powder – a pinch
Chole masala powder -1 tbsp
Chilly powder -2 tsp or to taste
Kasuri Methi – 2 pinch
Anardhana powder /Pomegranate powder – a pinch (Optional)
Amchur powder – a pinch
Ghee – 2 tbsp
Coriander leaves – 3 tbsp,chopped
- Soak Kabuli Chana in enough water overnight or 8-10 hours.
- Next morning discard the water and wash it well.
- Cook it in pressure cooker for 3-4 whistles and simmer for 20 minutes or until done.
- Once cooked add salt to taste and take a boil,keep it aside.
- Or you may also used tinned kabuli chana.
- Heat ghee in a pan,saute onions until translucent.
- Add ginger and saute for few seconds.
- Add tomato puree and saute until raw smell disappears.
- Add coriander powder,cumin powder,chilly powder and fennel seeds powder.
- Saute it further,add cooked chana,cardamom powder,cinnamon powder and chole masala.
- Add kala namak,anardhana powder,amchur powder and Kasuri methi.
- Add cooked chana stock,adjust salt and cook it low flame for 5 -6 minutes.
- Lastly garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve it hot with Bhature.
You may also cook chana adding 1 tea bag and whole garam masala.