Hello dear readers! Today I’m going to share the recipe of crispy corn. I first remember tasting this dish in Mainland china restaurant. I searched for the recipe in the net and found it in their site. Unfortunately the restaurant is closed in Mangalore for the reasons best known to them. But since they shared the recipe in their space it was really helpful. We keep preparing it whenever someone craves at home or when there is good stock of corn kernels.
Cooked corn kernels – 200g
Cornflour – 100g
Rice flour – 2 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Oil – 250 ml or as much needed to deep fry
Onion – 1 , chopped
Garlic – 4-5 minced
Chilly flakes – 1 tsp
Sugar -1 tsp
Vinegar – 1tsp
Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves or spring onion – 1 tbsp, chopped to garnish
- Marinate corn with salt to taste, cornflour and rice flour .
- Use your hands while marinating.
- Heat oil and deep fry until crisp.
- Saute onion and garlic in a tsp of oil until translucent.
- Add corn, chilly flakes, pepper powder,vinegar and sugar.
- Toss a bit.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves or spring onion.
- You may also use frozen corn too.
- If you use fresh corn kernels cook it until tender.