Masala chaas means buttermilk tempered with spices.Buttermilk is good for digestion and it is most often served after meal in South Indian homes .It contains less fat.
salt -to taste
coriander leaves – to garnish(optional)
Mustard seeds- little less than 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves-1 sprig
Long red chilly-1
Green chilly-1 chopped
Asafoetida- a pinch
- Add salt to the buttermilk.
- Smoke oil in a seasoning pan.
- Add mustard seeds,when it starts to splutter add curry leaves,red chillies,green chilly and garlic.
- Fry for a second.
- Off the flame and asafoetida.
- Season it to the buttermilk.
- Garnish coriander leaves(optional).