Paan polo or Neer dosa is a Mangalorean Delicacy.It is prepared in most of the households in Mangalore.In konkani it is called as Paan Polo.Paan means leaf and polo means dosa which means as light as a leaf.Neer dosa or water dosa is very soft and very light.It is normally served with grated coconut and jaggery mixture,Ravo (jaggery syrup) or chutney.In Mangalore we get the best Paan polos in Ideal Cafe restaurant, which tastes heaven with Soya chunks ghee roast.
Sona masuri rice-1 cup
Salt- to taste
Oil-to take dosa
- Soak the rice for 2-3 hours.
- Grind it with grated coconut,sugar,salt and water to a fine batter.
- Keep the consistency of the batter as thin as milk.
- Heat a non stick tawa and pour a ladle of batter from little above the tawa in the centre and tilt the tawa so that the batter spreads evenly on all the directions.
- Spread the oil over the sides of the dosa and see that the dosa is thin.
- Close the lid for few seconds.
- Open the lid and fold the dosa into half and fold in again into quarter like a napkin.
- Paan polo is ready to eat.
- Serve it hot with chutney or any gravy of your choice.
Tips: Dosa is cooked only on one side.
It is not flipped on the opposite side.
Don’t over roast the dosa as the softness will be lost.