Hello dear readers! Today I will share a new dosa recipe. Last week my sister Shanta Nayak had given me the dosa batter. It came out so good I had to share the recipe in the space. My children love crispy dosas and this recipe was just perfect. When I asked her the recipe she told me she tried it from vegrecipesofindia blog. This batter is of Masala dosa but I made schezwan and cheese dosa. Dosa’s are a staple of g.s.b’s, especially Mangaloreans.
Recipe credit : vegrecipesofindia
Parboiled rice or idli rice- 1.5cups (Or dosa rice)
Urad dal – 1/2 cup
Fenugreek seeds – 1/4 tsp
Chana dal – 1 tbsp
Thick poha – 1/4 cup
Salt- to taste
Sugar – 1/2 tsp
- Wash and soak dosa rice or idli rice in enough water in one bowl.
- Wash and soak urad dal,chana dal and methi seeds in another bowl.
- Soak for about 2- 3 hours.
- Soak poha separately for 30 minutes or soak it along with rice.
- Grind rice and poha together .
- Grind dal mixture separately.
- Mix both the batters together.
- Ferment it overnight.
- Next morning add salt to taste, sugar and adjust the consistency by adding water.
- Make dosa’s.
- You may add potato bhaji as a filling or apply schezwan chutney and cheese and fold it.
- Serve it hot.