Happy Navratri friends! Sabudana pops! Doesn’t it sound interesting?This is nothing but Sabudana vada transformed into pops. I didn’t add onion nor garlic as this can be savored during vrath(fasting). I could not wait to post this delicacy. Sabudana vada is very famous in Maharashtra. I first tasted it in Mumbai after my marriage and learn’t to prepare it from my sister in law. And till today’s date I prepare it. Sabudana is tapioca pearls as in English and it is made from raw tapioca roots. This is one of my signature dish too.
Recipe credit : Mrs Vinaya Nayak
Potatoes – 2 – 3
Salted and skinned groundnuts-1/4 cup coarsely ground
Green chilly -2 (paste)
Coriander leaves-2 tsp, chopped finely
Salt –to taste
Oil to deep fry
Salt –a pinch
Method for finger chips:
- Cut the potatoes into fingers.
- Blanch it in the hot water for 2 minutes.
- Drain it in a colander and pat it dry in a cloth.
- Transfer into a dry bowl,add cornflour and salt .
- Wash the sabudana and soak it for 2-3 hours.
- Drain it completely and refrigerate for 4-5 hours.
- Mix the sabudana along with all the ingredients except oil and knead into a soft dough very lightly.
- Make it into round balls using both your hands just like lollipops.
- Insert one finger chip in the pop and press well.
- Again refrigerate the Lollipops for 3-4 hours(optional).
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry carefully until cooked and crisp.
- Serve it with green chutney or ketchup.