Sizzlers are my favorite.I first tasted Sizzlers at the Moti Mahal restaurant,Mangalore, when they used to have their sizzler festival every year.I was exposed to different varieties of food by my husband. So I’m very thankful to my hubby dear,even though he prefers only Amchi food,he takes us out and treats us . Of course my Papa also used to take us to restaurants but only veg ones,since he is a veggie and he too is a veggie food lover…Then one fine day when we went to Bangalore,we went to a restaurant named as Caesars Palace,M.G road,introduced by my mamu and cousin,there I tasted the awesomest sizzler.And I made it a point whenever I would visit Bangalore to visit C.P.Then few years back,my urge was fulfilled after Sizzler Ranch was opened in Mangalore ,and that too close by to our place.I used visit it often and am still a frequent visitor.My dear friend Kudpi raj maam has written an interesting restaurant review on Sizzler ranch.Please refer here for the same…Then one fine day I spotted the sizzler plate on online India shopping,ebay, and grabbed the opportunity immediately.What would I do with only one Sizzler plate?So I ordered one more from a different online shopping,since ebay was out of stock.So I have two sizzler plates with two different patterns.And today was the last theme going on in the Fb group,what better than this exotic preparation….Since I prefer veg sizzler I prepared Schezwan sizzler.I used the Chings schezwan sauce mix once again,but I did not get the expected reddish color,but the taste was awesome…Soon I will post different recipes on the same.You may prepare sizzlers with any leftover rice like fried rice,pulav,biryani or chicken gravy etc as the sizzler spread.There is a wide choice and you may create your own.So enjoy the Sizzling baby ,Babycorn schezwan sizzler Italiano.Mama mia.
Ingredients for the babyborn schezwan:
Babycorn-10 -15 no’s
Rice flour-4 tsp
Besan(gram flour)-3 tsp
Ginger garlic paste-1 tsp
Chilly flakes-1/2 tsp
Salt- to taste
Red capsicum-1/4 cup diced
Garlic-2 tsp, minced
Spring onions-few to garnish
Water –as much needed for the batter
Chings schezwan sauce mix-1 packet
Oil-to deep fry
Ingredients for the salad:
Cheese-1 cube, grated
Carrot-1( cut into fingers)
Finger chips– ½ cup
For the spaghetti :
Chings Schezwan paste-4 tsp
Method for the babycorn schezwan:
- Mix cornflour ,rice flour,besan,ginger garlic paste,chilly flakes with water and make a batter.
- Heat oil,dip whole tender babycorn and deep fry till crisp and golden brown,keep it aside.
- Heat 2 tsp oil and fry minced garlic,capsicum,onions in high flame for 6-7 minutes.
- Mix chings schezwan masala in 3 cups of water and add it to the above mixture and take a boil.
- Add fried babycorn and take a small boil.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions,keep it aside.
Method for the spaghetti:
- Cook spaghetti as per the instructions and drain it in a colander, run cold water and drain it completely,keep it aside.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a wok and add schezwan paste and fry for a minute.
- Add cooked spaghetti and salt to taste.
- Saute for few minutes in high flames for 5 -6 minutes and keep it aside.
Method for the salad:
- Saute few cabbage leaves in ghee or oil and keep it aside.
- Blanch carrot fingers ,apply little salt and pepper powder and saute it in butter for 2- 3 minutes and keep it aside.
- Deep fry the potato wedges and keep it aside.
- You may refer here for the finger chips.
For the arrangement of the sizzler:
- Take a sizzler pan,arrange cabbage leaves on the plate as the base.
- Add spaghetti to one side of the tray,add babycorn schezwan to the other side,arrange finger chips and carrots.
- Heat the sizzler plate on the stove ,transfer it to the wooden tray and garnish with the grated cheese.
- Serve it hot.