Egg red chilly or motte pannaphkari is a very simple preparation.Wanted something spicy and easy dinner fix,so prepared this dish last night,after the days busy schedule.Eggs are a good source of protein and my kids love it in any form.This curry went in my sons tiffin too.Since it was prepared previous night itself, the flavor was infused very well the next day.There are so many delicacies of egg curries and dry dishes that I want to share with you people,which I will do gradually,so until then stay tuned.As of now enjoy this Anda lal mirch (Egg red chilly).Here goes my favorite egg slogan,Sunday hon ya Monday roz kao Ande which means,Sunday or Monday,eat egg daily.
Onion-3 slit lengthwise
Chilly powder-2-3 tsp
Garam masala powder-1 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Tomato sauce-1 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan and fry onions till translucent.
- Add chilly powder,garam masala powder,turmeric powder and saute for a minute.
- Add tomatoes and saute for 3-4 minutes further.
- Add salt,sugar and tomato sauce.
- Add water and take a boil.
- Drop the boiled ,slit eggs in the gravy and take a boil.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with roti or rice.
- You may also add green chillies for extra spice.