Hello dear readers! Today I was browsing the blog casually and found that I have missed adding many recipes. One among them was Egg bhurji. Egg bhurji was a childhood favourite and I would make it often. It takes me back to my childhood days where Arun Maam(my paternal uncle) would take me to have it in “Bhandary maams angadi” (shop) located in Mannagudda, Mangalore. We would have it along with homemade Punarpali juice or soda sherbet to quench our thirst. Back then he had a helper too. He also made Maggie, stumbler and Omelette. But my favourite was either stumbler or Bhurji. Egg bhurji makes a great breakfast, evening snack or even dinner.
Eggs – 4
Onion – 2, chopped
Green chillies – 2, chopped
Coconut oil – 2 tsp approx
Garam masala powder – 1tsp(optional)
Tomato – 1 chopped(optional)
Pepper powder – 2 pinches
Salt – to taste
Coriander leaves – to garnish
- Heat oil in a pan, saute onions until translucent.
- Add chopped tomatoes and saute until mushy.
- Add green chillly and garam masala powder.
- Break eggs one by one.
- Add salt to taste and pepper powder.
- Scramble the eggs until it gets cooked.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve it hot with bread.