Hello dear readers ! Today I will share a g.s.b style avale chutney recipe. Avalo means Gooseberry. We use brined gooseberry for this chutney. Now brined gooseberry is easily available in the stores. But Amma still makes it at home when in season. This chutney goes well with paej or gruel. Gooseberry is also called as Amla in Hindi. Amla has many health benefits and this chutney makes a healthy dish. Goes best with dosa too. This recipe is quite common but I followed Amma’s recipe.
Brined gooseberry – 2, chopped and seed discarded
Grated coconut – 1 cup
Roasted byadgi chillies – 5
Garlic – 3 -4 flakes
Salt – only if required
- Wash the brined gooseberry to remove excess salt as it will be soaked for a long period.
- Then discard the seeds and chop it.
- Grind all the ingredients except gooseberry.
- Once the masala turns to a coarse paste add gooseberry.
- Grind it further for few minutes.
- Keep the chutney coarse.
- Add salt only if required.
- Refrigerate until you use.
- You may also use green chillies instead of red chillies.