I had prepared this curry last year and the pictures were lying in the folder as usual . Kolhapur is a place in Maharashtra and this dish must be a popular dish out there . I had posted Kolhapuri chicken sometime back . I was inspired to prepare this dish from my f.b friend Sandhya Kamath . This curry goes well with rice .
Recipe adapted from : Sanjeev Kapoor
Eggs – 8 , boiled and peeled
Oil – 4 tbsp
Ginger – 1/2 ”
Garlic – 4
Onion – 2 ,sliced
Cloves – 2
Tomato – 1
Dried red chilly – 4
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Coconut – 2 tbsp
Poppy seeds – 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
- Heat 2 tbsp oil and saute onions, ginger , garlic , cloves , pepper .
- Add poppy seeds ,grated coconut , red chillies, tomato and turmeric powder .
- Saute until fragrant .
- Cool and grind it into a smooth paste .
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and saute boiled eggs until light brown in colour .
- Transfer it into a plate and keep it aside .
- In the same pan add the masala , add 1/2 cup water in the mixer jar and rinse and add it .
- Add salt to taste and eggs .
- Take a boil and cover with a lid and cook on low flame for few minutes .
- Serve it hot .