Last week I was in Bangalore to attend a cake decorating workshop and within a short time its a week already . I had halted in my Papa’s sister Shalini akka’s house . The hospitality I received from each one of them was simply touching . Shalini akka is a great cook and both us have similar interest like jotting down the recipe’s from the cookery shows ,shopping and what not … It is because of her daughter in law Sandhya I started watching “Oggarane Dabbi ‘ a cookery show in Zee Kannada channel which I tried several recipes and shared here in the space .
I have already posted ‘Phenori ‘ recipe long back . This is the second recipe in the space and is the recipe of my dear Shalini Akka I got to taste during my recent stay . Ofcourse I had tasted several times earlier . We all liked it so much I had to share the recipe in the space . Shalini akka’s recipe measurement was eye measurement . I used my own measurement which came out just the way it had to . This is also my guest post at my dear Shwetha ‘s blog ‘Shwet’s sizzling Wok’ . Do pop into her blog dear readers for her wonderful recipe’s .
Yields : 20 – 22 small phenori’s
Ingredients for the dough:
Maida – 1 cup
Baking soda – 1/4 tsp (or a pinch)
Salt – 1/ 4 tsp ( or a pinch )
Water – 1 / 4 cup approx
Ingredients for the paste :
Rice flour – 2 tbsp
Cornflour – 2 tbsp
Ghee – 2 tbsp ,melted
To coat :
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Cardamom powder – 1 / 4 tsp
Other ingredients :
Oil – 1 cup or more
Step 1 :
- Make a soft dough with all the ingredients mentioned in the list .
- Don’t add all the water at once .
- Use only as needed .
- Make a paste with the ingredients mentioned under paste list .
- Keep it ready .
- Powder the sugar and mix cardamom powder .
- Keep it ready .
Step 2 :
- Pinch small balls out of the dough .
- Roll all the balls into puri’s .
- Place one puri over the rolling board .
- Apply rice flour paste over it .
- Place second puri over the first puri slightly overlapping .
- Apply the paste .
- Place the third puri .
- Now roll it .
- Use a sharp knife and cut it into pieces .
Step 3 :
- Take one piece at a time and dip it in flour .
- Press slightly and roll it lightly into thin puri .
- Heat oil and deep fry .
- Adjust the flame while frying .
- Repeat with all the pieces .
- Once done ,dip the crisp puri’s in sugar powder and coat it on both sides .
- Cool it and store it in airtight container .