Hello dear readers! I’m back after a short break. On this auspicious day of Diwali I’m going to share a sweet recipe. Today is Lakshmi puja and is celebrated all over India. This is the second recipe of 7 cups burfi in the space. I tried this for the first time and it came out good in the first attempt itself. This recipe was shared by an aunt who is an expert in making traditional sweets and dishes. Happy Diwali dear readers!!
Recipe credit : Sudha Shenoy
Besan – 1 cup
Chiroti or Bombay Suji – 1cup( I used chiroti rawa)
Sugar -2 cups
Ghee – 1 cup
Grated coconut -1 cup( only the white part)
Cashewnuts -1 cup
Cardamom powder – 2 pinches
- Grease a square or round tin or a plate with ghee and keep it ready
- Grease a knife and keep it ready.
- Roast besan and rawa on low flame until you get a nice aroma.
- Grind grated coconut and cashewnuts to a fine paste.
- Boil sugar with 1/4 cup water until you get 1 string consistency.
- Add all the ingredients except cardamom powder.
- Keep stirring it adjusting the flame.
- Once it starts to leaves the sides add cardamom powder,mix it immediately and pour it in the greased tin.
- Smoothen it with a greased spatula.
- Once it cools a bit make incisions into desired shapes.
- Cool it completely.
- Then separate the burfi carefully.