I first tasted this dish at Yo China restaurant. But ever since they closed their Mangalore branch for the reasons unknown, was missing the dish terribly.A year back I experimented this dish with different variations and it became a superhit at our place.This is a very popular Chinese starter.These potato fingers glazed with the sauce and honey tastes extremely wonderful.A must try dish.
Tomato sauce-3-4 tsp
Soya sauce-1 tsp
Honey- 1 tsp
Chilly powder-1/2 tsp or to taste
Red chilly sauce-1 tsp
Spring onions-few sprigs chopped finely
White sesame seeds- 2 tsp,dry roast it and keep it aside
oil-to deep fry potatoes(as much oil as needed,approax 1 cup )
oil-2 tsp for the sauce
- Wash,peel and cut the potatoes into wedges.
- Apply salt,cornflour and deep fry until crisp and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a wok,fry chopped garlic until light red in color.
- Then add red chillies,tomato sauce,soya sauce,red chilly sauce,vinegar,honey,salt to taste and chilly powder.
- Add french fries,spring onions and roasted white til and give it a stir.
- Serve it hot.
- You may adjust the sauce accordingly.
- You may also readymade french fries packet.