Hello dear readers.Today I will share one more ghee roast recipe.There are many versions of ghee roast and I keep trying whenever any new recipe looks interesting.This time I tried Seema D Shenoy’s recipe with slight modifications. I have tried various recipes of Seema and have liked it.Thanks a lot Seema.
I prepared this dish with homemade ghee and that enhanced the flavour and aroma. I slightly reduced the ghee from the original recipe,added kashmiri chilly powder for the colour and added a dash of lime.You may also add Kashmiri chillies while grinding and omit Kashmiri chilly powder.
Ginger garlic paste-2 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds(jeera)-1/2 tsp
Long red chillies-20
Kashmiri chilly powder-2 tsp
Ghee-4 tbsp approx(Original recipe says 200 gms)
- Clean the chicken well and cut into medium sized pieces.
- Marinate it with ginger garlic paste,salt and turmeric powder for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile deseed the chillies and boil for 5 minutes,wash it well,squeeze excess water and keep it aside.
- Boil the curds for 2-3 minutes and strain it,you’ll get a thick mixture.
- Grind the chillies along with thick curds,garlic and cumin seeds to a fine paste.
- Heat ghee and roast the masala until brown in colour around 15 minutes.
- Add marinated chicken ,close the lid and cook until done.
- Add 1 more tbsp of ghee and mix it well.
- Lastly add lime juice and again mix it.
- Serve it hot.