Chicken ghee roast is our family favourite dish.Since it is spicy ,it is liked by everyone.There are many versions of this recipe and I keep trying whenever any new recipe looks interesting.This time I tried Seema D Shenoy’s recipe with slight modifications.I have tried many recipes of Seema and have liked it.Thanks a lot Seema.I prepared this dish with homemade ghee and that enhanced the flavour and aroma.I slightly reduced the ghee from the original recipe,added kashmiri chilly powder for the colour and added a dash of lime.You may also add Kashmiri chillies while grinding and omit Kashmiri chilly powder.
Ginger garlic paste-2 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds(jeera)-1/2 tsp
Long red chillies-20
Kashmiri chilly powder-2 tsp
Ghee-4 tbsp approx(Original recipe says 200 gms)
- Clean the chicken well and cut into medium sized pieces.
- Marinate it with ginger garlic paste,salt and turmeric powder for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile deseed the chillies and boil for 5 minutes,wash it well,squeeze excess water and keep it aside.
- Boil the curds for 2-3 minutes and strain it,you’ll get a thick mixture.
- Grind the chillies along with thick curds,garlic and cumin seeds to a fine paste.
- Heat ghee and roast the masala until brown in colour around 15 minutes.
- Add marinated chicken ,close the lid and cook until done.
- Add 1 more tbsp of ghee and mix it well.
- Lastly add lime juice and again mix it.
- Serve it hot.