Well, the name “Chicken Ibrosi” sounds interesting right? The curry is as tasty like its name. This recipe was shared with me by my aunt who is a very good cook . She had noted the recipe from a cookery show and edited the recipe as per her family’s taste. The naamkaran ie the naming ceremony of the dish was done by my uncle . Since they’ve been staying in an apartment named ‘Ibrose’ since few decades, the name ‘Ibrosi’ . Isn’t it catchy? I loved the named very much. Something different.The dish tasted so good just like restaurant style. The texture and the creaminess was just perfect. Do give it a try dear Readers . Until then stay tuned for interesting recipes!!
Recipe credit: Neetha Nayak
Ingredients to marinate the chicken:
Chicken – 1 kg
Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
Chilly powder – 2 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt – to taste
Ingredients to be roasted and ground:
Onions – 4 -5, sliced
Ginger – 1/2″
Garlic – 7
Ghee – 1 tbsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
Chilly powder – 1 tsp
Coriander powder – 2 tsp
Cumin powder – 1 tsp
Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
Green chilly – 1, chopped
Tomato – 2 chopped
Cashewnuts – 12 , make a paste with water
Onions – 2-3, chopped for seasoning
Salt – to taste
Ghee – 3 tbsp
Oil 2 tbsp
Coriander leaves – handful, chopped
Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
- Marinate the chicken with the ingredients mentioned under the list.
- You may marinate the chicken for few hours, but I marinated just until other procedure was done.
- Heat oil and ghee in a pan and saute the ingredients mentioned until pinkish in colour.
- Cool and make a paste.
- Keep it aside.
- Take a cooking pan, add oil and ghee.
- Add onions and saute until reddish in colour.
- Add tomatoes and saute it for sometime.
- Add chilly powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder and cumin powder.
- Add the ground masala and saute until the raw smell disappears.
- Add green chilly,curry leaves and marinated chicken.
- Check salt , add if required.
- Add 1 cup water, take a boil and check salt again.
- Adjust the consistency.
- Close the lid, cook over low flame.
- Once 3/4 th cooked , add cashewnut paste and pepper powder.
- Cook until done.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve it hot .