Hello dear readers! Today I’m going to share a tasty recipe of Baby Anjal tawa fry. Yes, for this recipe basically baby Seer fish is used. You may prepare this with other fish like Mackerels, Sardines, Pomfrets etc. This recipe was shared to me by my aunt. She happened to taste this at her relatives place who cooks excellent seafood. The recipe is simple yet tasty and with a twist. This tawa fry makes an excellent party starter…Usually most of the recipes are shared with me with just the list of ingredients and the method and I experiment with the eye ball measurement and try to give the measurement here approximately. So dear Readers, please adjust the ingredients as per your taste.
Recipe credit : Mrs Laxmi Padiyar
Original recipe : Mrs Sudha
Baby Anjal/Seer fish – 6
Curry leaves – few to garnish
Coriander leaves – to garnish
Ingredients for the paste:
Kashmiri chilly powder – 3 tbsp or to taste
Salt – to taste
Coconut oil – 3- 4 tbsp
Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
Cumin powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida powder – 1/4 tsp
- Wash and clean the fish.
- Make some incisions and keep it aside .
- Take a bowl and make a paste with all the ingredients mentioned in the list.
- Take one fish at time in your hands, apple the paste well.
- I call this procedure as massage the fish, so that the masala reaches whole fish.
- Marinate the fish for few hours or overnight.
- Heat a grill pan, add some oil and arrange the marinated fish.
- Cook it on both sides until it gets cooked and roasted.
- Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves and curry leaves.
- Serve it hot with lemon wedges and onions.