Hello dear readers! Today I will share the recipe of Lepa fish tawa fry. Since I decided to make separate posts for every fish I will share the recipe in the space as and when I can. Lepa or Nung means Sole fish. Fish is good for health and tawa fried is always healthier over deep fried ones. But it is absolutely fine to indulge deep fried dishes once in a while. Same recipe may be prepared with fish of your choice. I have started to add ajwain in most of my fish fry preparations since a year. Ajwain is very good for digestion and also gives a restaurant touch.
Sole fish/ Lep/ Nung/Lepa – 4
Kashmiri chilly powder or Malwani powder – 2 tbsp
Asafoetida – 2 pinches
Turmeric powder – 2 pinches
Besan – 2 tbsp
Ajwain – few seeds
Salt – to taste
Rice flour – 3 tbsp approx for coating
Onion – 1 , sliced( Optional)
Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
Coconut oil – as much as needed
- Clean the fish and remove the skin from the fish.
- Wash it well.
- Marinate it with salt to taste, hing, besan, chilly powder or Malwani masala powder,ajwain and haldi powder.
- Heat a grill pan or normal tawa, drizzle oil.
- Coat it with rice flour and arrange the fish.
- Marinate the onion with the remaining masala.
- Add it along with curry leaves in the tawa half way.
- Flip the fish to the opposite side and cook it until done.
- Adjust the flame while roasting and add more oil if required.
- Serve it hot.