Hello dear readers! Today I’m going to share an interesting recipe of Bombay Sandwich. It is one of the most popular street snack of Mumbai. When it comes in making sandwiches no one can beat Santoshi. She comes up with tasty sandwiches for evening snacks. And at times we are lucky to taste it. Even my Ajja was a great fan of her sandwiches.
Making sandwiches was one of my most favourite childhood memory. We used to struggle making in those sandwich maker over the gas flame which used to get stuck most of the times and if it came out perfect it was a victory .My aunt had got it from Bombay(now, Mumbai) .Those were the days… Nostalgia!
Sandwich bread – 1 loaf or as much as you want
Boiled potato – 3 -4 , sliced(sprinkle salt and chaat masala)
Cucumber – 2 sliced (sprinkle salt and chaat masala)
Onion – 2, sliced(sprinkle salt and chaat masala)
Green chutney – as much as you want
Par boiled beetroot – 1, sliced
Cheese slices – as much as needed
Chaat masala – to sprinkle
Butter – 50 g, use only as much as needed
- Combine all the ingredients and grind to a smooth paste in a blender.
- Refrigerate and use as required.
Method for sandwich:
- Take 2 slices of bread and apply butter on the outer side.
- Apply a thin layer of green chutney on the opposite side.
- Arrange potato, beetroot, onion and cucumber slices.
- Sprinkle chaat masala.
- Place a cheese slice.
- Cover with the 2nd slice.
- Heat a grill tawa and roast the sandwich with the buttered sides down.
- Roast it until done.
- Repeat the process until how much you want.
- You may serve it without grilling just like Mumbaiyya style.
- You may add vegetables of your choice.