Hello dear readers ! Today I’m going to share the recipe of Focaccia bread. Focaccia is an Italian flat bread. It is topped with herbs, olive oil and toppings of our choice. I followed this recipe from Anushuti’s “Divine taste” blog. It came out very good.
One important point to keep in mind while baking bread is always use good quality yeast. The procedure is almost the same for all types of bread baking. And once you get the hang of baking breads one will never look back. Its like an addiction. This is my personal experience. Everything is possible with the confidence,right ingredients and practice…Stay tuned for more baking recipes!!
Recipe credit : Divine taste
Milk – 1 1/3 cups (330 ml)
Granulated sugar – 1 tsp
Instant yeast – 1 3/4 tsp
Flour – 460 g ( 3 1/4 cups)
Salt- 2 tsp
Olive oil – 2 tbsp
For the topping :
Olive oil – 1/4 cup ( 60 ml)
Fresh basil – 1/4 cup, chopped
Dried rosemary – 1 tsp
Garlic – few flakes
Onions – 2 sliced
- Heat the milk and turn off the flame.
- Add sugar in the hot milk .
- When the milk turns luke warm add the yeast and mix it well.
- Rest it until it turns frothy and proofs.
- Take a stand mixer or a mixing bowl.
- If using Stand mixer attach dough hook.
- I tried with stand mixer this time.
- Add flour, salt and mix it well.
- Add Oil and yeast mixture and knead for 5 minutes.
- Once the dough comes together transfer it into a mixing bowl.
- Knead it with your palms for few minutes.
- Dust a bit of flour on the clean kitchen counter.
- Transfer the dough and shape it into a rough rectangle.
- Carefully transfer the dough into a greased 9″ by 12″ baking tin.
- You may transfer the tray into the fridge incase you are planning to bake later.
- If not rest it outside for 1 – 2 hours until the dough rises.
- When the dough is resting prepare the topping.
- Take a saucepan and heat the oil.
- Add the herbs , onion and garlic.
- Turn off the heat.
- Rest the topping too.
- Once the dough rises, make equal sized indentations with your thumb or fore finger.
- Pour the topping evenly over the top.
- Bake in an preheated oven at 200 d. c for 20 minutes or until baked.
- Keep a watch while it is getting baked.
- Once baked rest it for few minutes so that oil and the flavours seeps in.