Hello dear readers ! Feels so good to be back in the space. Today I’m going to share an easy peasy recipe of losoni saru. Losonu /losoni means garlic . So this is a garlic flavoured soup which is served with the rice and makes a great comfort food. This is my daughters personal favourite too. The recipe was passed to me by Amma. Do give it a try and stay tuned for more yummy recipes!!
Tomatoes – 3
Green chilly – 1 -2 or to taste
Garlic – 10 -12
Ghee/ oil – 2 tsp
Salt – to taste
- Wash the tomatoes and green chilly .
- Take a pressure cooker , add tomatoes and green chilly.
- Add water until tomatoes drown.
- Take 2 whistles and switch off flame.
- Cool the tomatoes and green chilly.
- Reserve the boiled water.
- Make a paste of boiled tomatoes and green chilly together.
- Add it back in the pressure cooker.
- Add water as much as needed say about 2 cups or more.
- Adjust the consistency.
- Add salt to taste.
- Take a boil and cover with the lid.
- Smash the garlic well.
- You may remove the skin or retain it .
- Take a seasoning pan, heat ghee and add smashed garlic.
- Saute it until it turns red in colour.
- Season it to the saru and close the lid immediately.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it hot with rice, pickle and papad.