Aappams is one of my favourite dosa . And I keep hunting for interesting aappam recipes. This time I found this recipe in my friend Niyas blog. It came out very good and complimented well with Vegetable stew.Today is my late Papa’s birthday and he used to like Aappam and stew very much . So I thought of sharing this recipe in his memory. Happy Birthday Papa! Love you forever!!
Recipe adapted from : Niyas World
Dosa rice – 2 cups
Urad dal – 1tbsp
Fenugreek seeds – 1 tsp
Water – 3 cups to soak
Cooked and cooled white rice – 2 tbsp
Coconut milk – 200 ml
Eno fruit salt – 5 g sachet 1 no
Sugar – 2 tsp
Salt – to taste
- Wash and soak dosa rice, urad dal and methi seeds together.
- Soak it for 3 hours.
- Grind it adding water little by little.
- Grind it into a fine batter adding very little water.
- Grind the cooked and cooled water separately into a fine paste.
- Mix it with the rice batter.
- Ferment it over night.
- Next morning add coconut milk, sugar, salt and eno fruit salt.
- Mix it well.
- Heat a aappam pan, pour a ladle of batter in the centre.
- Using the handles swirl it in a circular motion.
- Drizzle oil and close the lid.
- Cook it low flame.
- After a minute open the lid and higher the flame.
- Once the sides turns brownish time to transfer onto a plate.
- Serve it hot with chutney or stew.
You may use normal dosa pan.