Hello dear Readers! Today I’m going to share the recipe of Mushti polo for the third time .Yes, this is the third recipe in the space and more to come.This time I tried my neighbour Vidya akka’s recipe adding ‘charmuri’ i.e puffed rice. Mushti polo compliments well with red chutney and my favourite too. Mushti means fist and polo means dosa..Stay tuned for interesting recipes!!
Recipe credit : Vidyalakshmi Shenoy
Ingredients to be soaked:
Dosa rice – 1 cup
Urad dhal – 1 fist
Puffed rice/ charmuri- 1.5 cups
Fenugreek seeds – 1/2 tsp
Salt – to taste
Sugar – 1 tsp
Oil / ghee – as much as needed to drizzle over dosa
- Soak all the ingredients together except puffed rice for 3 to 4 hours.
- Soak puffed rice separately for 10 minutes.
- Grind soaked puffed rice first to a fine paste and take it in a vessel.
- Later grind other soaked ingredients to a fine batter.
- Mix everything together and ferment it overnight.
- Next morning add salt to taste and sugar.
- Beat it well.
- Make dosas by drizzling oil or ghee.
- You may flip the dosa or may not.
- I usually do not and traditionally it is roasted on one side only.
- Serve it hot with chutney.