Today I’m going to share a recipe of a salad after a long time. This is a very rich and tasty salad which can be indulged once in a while. I made the salad vegetarian and used veg Mayo. You may also add boiled egg or boiled and shredded chicken to make it non vegetarian.In this salad the vegetables should be parboiled and not over cooked.
Potatoes – 2,cubed
Carrot -1, cubed
Green peas – 1/2 cup
Pineapple – 2 slices, I used tinned
Apple -1, cored and cubed
Eggless Mayonnaise- 1 cup approx*
Fresh cream – 1/2 cup approx
Walnuts – few according to your taste
Cashewnuts – few
Raisins – few
Salt – to taste
Sugar – to taste
Pepper powder – 2 pinches
- Wash, dice the vegetables and take it in a micro safe bowl except pineapple.
- Microwave it for 3 -4 minutes until it gets just cooked.
- Dont over cook the vegetables.
- Cool it a bit.
- Add salt, sugar, pepper powder, fresh cream,chopped pineapple.apples and mayo.
- Adjust the consistency as you want and mix it well.
- Garnish it with dry fruits.
- Chill it for an hour or two.
- Serve it chilled.
- Use the mayo as much as needed less or more.
- I made this salad with eyeball measurement.
- I used tinned pineapple and frozen peas.
- Tinned pineapple gives a better taste.
- You may also add par boiled cauliflower.