Hello dear readers! Today I will share a healthy recipe of raita made out of purple cabbage. This raita is one of my personal favourite. I first tasted this at Amma’s place as they prepare it often. This raita compliments well with fish fry. You may also prepare this with regular cabbage which is found easily in the local markets.
Recipe credit : Santoshi Nayak
Purple cabbage – 2 cups, grated or sliced thinly
Onions – 2, sliced
Green chillies- 2 ,chopped
Curds – 1/2 lt
Sugar – 1/2 tsp
Salt – to taste
Oil – 2 tsp +1tsp for seasoning
Mustard seeds – 1tsp
Curry leaves – few
Hing – 1 pinch
Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp,chopped
- Heat oil in a pan, add sliced cabbage and onions.
- Slightly saute it until it fades a bit.
- Keep it crunchy.
- Adjust the crunchiness as per your needs.
- Transfer it in a bowl.
- Add salt to taste, sugar, green chillies and curds.
- Heat oil, splutter mustard seeds,add curry leaves and hing.
- Season it to raita.
- Adjust the consistency as required.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.