This dosa can be prepared with any ‘Masala Dosa’ batter. This is in popular demand at our place especially the daughter likes it very much. She tasted it at ‘Sai Sadan’ prepared by her mayi Santoshi Nayak. And I was left with no choice but borrow the recipe. I make it either plain , with cheese or with cheese schezwan or Chinese . You may prepare as you like. I was a bit hesitant to share this recipe as it is a simple one. But then I thought of sharing it finally.
Recipe credit : Santoshi Nayak
Any Masala dosa batter – 5 – 6 cups *
Palak puree – 1 cup
Schezwan chutney – as much as need
Cheese – grated, as much as needed
Chinese stir fry – as much as needed
- For Chinese stir fry , stir fry shredded cabbage, onion, capsicum and carrot in oil .
- Add salt and pepper.
- Keep it crunchy.
- For palak puree , blanch 1 bunch of palak in hot water.
- Drain the water, put cold water and drain it again.
- Puree it.
- Add it in the dosa batter.
- Mix it well.
- Make dosas drizzling ghee or oil.
- Add stuffing of your choice.,
- Either add Chinese stir fry.
- Or add cheese or schezwan chutney.
- Lastly you may also keep it plain.
- Serve it hot.
Masala dosa batter:
Ingredients to be soaked:
Black gram dal(urad dal)-1 cup
Dosa rice- 4 cups
Bengal gram dal-2 tbsp
Thick poha or beaten rice- 3/4th cup
- Soak all the ingredients except beaten rice for 5-6 hours or overnight.
- Once it is soaked wash the soaked ingredients,drain water,soak the beaten rice for 10 minutes.
- Grind all the ingredients along with soaked beaten rice to a smooth batter.
- Ferment the batter overnight or 6-7 hours.
- Next morning adjust the consistency of the batter,add salt and sugar to taste.
Plain crispy palak dosa