Recipe adapted from : Cheries Stolen recipes
Mushroom -200 g
Spinach -1 small bunch
Green chillies -2,finely chopped
Garlic -2 -3 tbsp,finely chopped
Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp,chopped finely
Butter – 2 tbsp +1 tbsp
Flour -1 tbsp
Milk – 1 cup
Cheese – 1/2 cup,grated
Salt – to taste
Pepper – to taste
- Wash the mushroom well and remove the stem carefully.
- Finely chop the stem .
- Heat a pan,add butter and saute chopped garlic and fry for few seconds on low flame.
- Add chopped green chillies and coriander leaves and saute for half a minute.
- Add chopped spinach and saute for few minutes.
- Add flour and fry for a minute.
- Add milk and mix it well.
- Cook it until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn off the flame and keep the stuffing ready.
- In another pan heat a tbsp of butter and saute mushroom on high flame adding little salt.
- Mushroom will release lot of water,keep it on high flame and cook it.
- Cook it until the water evaporates.
- Once done,place it on a baking tray.
- Add a tbsp of filling carefully.
- Top it with grated cheese.
- Preheat the oven at 180 d.c.
- Bake it in the oven for 10 minutes until the cheese melts.
- You may also stuff the mushroom directly and bake. *
- Serve it hot.
- I tried both the methods of stuffing mushroom
- I prefer sauteing mushroom first and then stuffing it, as stuffing mushroom directly will release water while baking and it will take more time to bake.