Basmathi rice -1 cup
Ginger -1 tbsp,chopped
Green chillies -4.slit
Bay leaf -1
Cinnamon -1/2 “
Mixed vegetables- 1 cup(beans,carrot,beetroot,green peas)
Mint leaves -3.4,chopped
Coriander powder -1 tsp
Lime juice-2 tsp
Turmeric powder -1/4 tsp
Salt – to taste
Curds – 2 tbsp
Ghee- 3 tbsp
- Wash the rice and soak it in water for 6-7 minutes.
- Drain it completely and keep it ready.
- Heat ghee in a cooker,add chopped ginger and saute.
- Add green chillies,whole garam masala and saute.
- Add chopped vegetables and saute for few minutes.
- Add washed rice,chopped mint leaves,coriander powder,haldi powder,lime juice,curds and water.
- Add salt to taste and take a boil.
- Check and adjust if required and close the lid.
- Take exactly 1 whistle and switch off the flame.
- Once the pressure release open the lid and separate the grains with a fork delicately.
- Serve it hot.
- You may also prepare this pulao in a pan.
- You may add vegetables of your choice.
- You may also add paneer or soya chunks.