I often prepare rice dishes as my daughter Sanjana is fond of it and I find it is a better way to make her eat all the essential nutrients in a single dish.Yes,rice,ghee,vegetable,paneer all paired together.It makes a whole meal isn’t it ?This is a no onion, no garlic rice and is mildly flavoured with spices.
Recipe adapted from: nishamadhulika.com
Basmathi rice – 1 cup
Water – 2 cups
Paneer -100 g
Peas -1/2 cup
Ginger paste -1 tsp
Cumin seeds -1 tsp
Black cardamom -2 (use only seeds)
Cinnamon -1/2 ”
Pepper – 4
Ghee -3 tbsp
- Cook rice in an electric cooker with salt to taste or directly in a vessel.
- Keep it ready.
- Saute paneer in a tsp of ghee and keep it ready.
- Powder black cardamom seeds,cloves ,cinnamon and pepper coarsely.
- Heat remaining ghee and splutter cumin seeds.
- Add ginger paste and green peas.
- Close lid and cook the green peas.
- Add rice,powder,paneer and salt if required.
- Saute it for a while and serve it hot.