I had prepared this chicken curry sometime back . I adapted the recipe from my f.b friend Vidya Nayak Shenoy . She is an expert when it comes to cooking chicken . I modified the recipe as per our taste . Like I added cashew paste, maggie masala magic and tomatoes which created a twist in the recipe . I love to try new recipes and this recipe came out really good . I’m posting in the space after a long time due to my chocolate orders . Stay tuned for more interesting recipes in the days to come ..
Ingredients for the masala :
Onion – 2
Green chilly -3-4
Kashmiri red chilly – 10 – 12
Black Cardamom – 2
Green cardamom -2
Ginger – 1/2 ”
Garlic – 5-6
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds – few seeds
Coriander leaves – 4 tbsp
Other ingredients :
Ghee – 4 tbsp +3 tbsp
Curds – 1/2 cup
Chicken – 1 kg
Salt – to taste
Onions -3 ,sliced or chopped
Cashew or almond paste – 10 – 12
Tomatoes – 3 chopped
Maggie masala magic -2 sachets
Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp , chopped
- Heat 4 tbsp ghee in a pressure cooker and saute chicken for a while.
- Grind all the ingredients mentioned in the list to a smooth paste .
- Heat the remaining ghee , saute onions until translucent .
- Add the masala and fry until the raw smell disappears .
- Add curds and saute it further .
- Add chicken ,salt to taste,tomatoes and maggie masala magic .
- Add ground cashew or almond paste .
- Add water as much as needed .
- Take 2 whistles and cook the chicken .
- Once cooked garnish with chopped coriander leaves .