Ambuli means raw mango.This chutney is a common chutney of the GSB cuisine and there are different variations of the recipe.This is most commonly prepared during the raw mango season. This chutney is a saviour when one looses appetite. This also makes a great side dish. Please check the recipe of Batate Ambuli gojju too.We also store the raw mangoes in the brine during the season for nearly a year and use it whenever required to make gojju’s and chutney’s.
Recipe adapted from : Amma
- Grind grated coconut,chilly and garlic to a fine paste.
- Lastly add mango pieces and salt to taste and grind further for a minute.
- Transfer the chutney to a bowl and add a dash of oil and mix it.
- You may also add the mango seed for extra taste.
- You may also add only green chillies according to your taste instead of red chillies or vice versa.