Huri kadle dali(Roasted bengal gram dal)-1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves-3 sprigs
Coconut oil-1 tsp
Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
Curry leaves-7-8 leaves
- Grind coconut,green chilly,roasted bengal gram dal and tamarind to a fine paste.
- When the masala turns smooth add coriander leaves and run the blender for half a second,the coriander leaves should be coarse in the chutney.
- Transfer the chutney in a bowl,add salt to taste,masala water and adjust the chutney to a medium thin consistency.
- Heat oil in a seasoning pan,splutter mustard seeds and add curry leaves and fry for a second.
- Off the flame,add asafoetida in the seasoning and season it to the chutney.
- Serve it with dosa,idli or undi.