Wheat flour-2 cups approx
Water-as much as needed to knead the dough
Oil-to deep fry
- Add water in a wide bowl,add salt and sugar and mix it until it dissolves.
- Add flour little by little and knead it into medium soft dough.
- See that the dough is not sticky nor too hard.
- Pinch lemon sized ball,make it into balls,slightly flatten it and roll it into small discs about 5-6 cm in diameter as shown in the picture.
- Roll it medium thin, not too thick nor too thin.
- Heat oil and slide the puris in the hot oil,using a perforated ladle press the puri at the centre to puff up and turn it to the opposite side and fry until golden yellow for few seconds.
- Transfer it into a colander where the kitchen tissue is laid to absorb the excess oil.
- Adjust the flame when you drop the puri’s in oil.
- If the puri’s are puffed right it means it is perfect.
- Serve the puri hot .