Recipe adapted from:Kudpirajsgaramtawa
Original recipe:Jaya V Shenoys recipe book
All purpose flour- 2 cups
Bengal gram flour-1/2 cup(Chana flour)
Salt- to taste
Cooking soda-1 tsp
Oil- to deep fry
Water-to dip your hands
- Mix together buttermilk,water,salt,sugar, cooking soda ,minced green chillies and ginger.
- Add maida,gram flour and prepare the butter to a thick consistency.
- Add in more buttermilk if the the batter becomes too dry or vice versa.
- Ferment it for an hour.
- Heat oil,dip your fingers(hand) in water and take a tbsp of batter(lemon sized) with your four fingers and drop it slowly in oil by pushing the batter in the oil with the help of your thumb.(Remember Phonsa Mulik,same method.)
- Fry it on both the sides until golden brown in colour by adjusting the flame.
- Transfer the goli bajes in a kitchen towel to drain excess oil any.
- Serve it hot with chutney.