Recipe adapted from: Chefinyou
Idli rawa(cream of rice)-2 cups
Sabudana(tapioca pearls)- 1 cup
Curds-2 cups approx
Grated coconut-1/2 cup
Coriander leaves-2 tsp,chopped
Baking powder-1/4 tsp
Salt- to taste
Ghee or oil-1 tsp
Mustard seeds-2 tsp
Curry leaves-2-3 sprigs
- Take a large bowl,mix together idli rawa,sabudana,curds and water.
- Add salt to taste and keep it outside overnight or 10 hours.
- Next morning mix it well,add additional water if it has turned dry.
- Add grated coconut and mix it.
- You may also divide the batter at this step and refrigerate for further use,but half the tempering part.
- Heat ghee or oil in a pan,splutter mustard seeds,add curry leaves,cashewnuts and green chillies.
- Season it to the batter,add baking powder and mix it again.
- Grease the idli mould and add a ladle of batter and steam it for 20 minutes.
- To check weather the idlis are cooked you may insert a bamboo skewer,if it comes out clean,then it indicates it is cooked.
- Cool it for sometime and then unmould it with the help of a butter knife.
- Serve it with chutney.