On this day we GSB’s prepare many dishes like Alvathi(taro leaves curry with ginger flavour),Thoushe Hulel,Chana upkari,Moong dal usli etc..Ashtami laddo is very famous and is prepared on this auspicious day.My Mamama used to prepare tastiest til laddoos…I had prepared this kheer on Suttapunnav/rakhi but posting it today…Happy Krishnashtami dear readers!
Water-2 1/2 cups
Vermicelli-1/2 cup roasted
Dry fruits-2 tbsp(cashewnuts,raisins,chironji)
Saffron-few strands soaked in a tsp of milk
Cardamom powder-1/2 tsp
- Boil milk and keep it aside.
- Roast the dry fruits in ghee and keep it ready.
- Wash sabudana and keep it ready.
- Mix water and sabudana together and cook it until it gets cooked,stirring continuously and turns slimy.
- Add sugar and dissolve it,add milk,roasted vermicelli,kesar milk and take a boil.
- Add cardamom powder and roasted dry fruits.
- Off the flame and serve it hot,warm or cold.
- If you find that the kheer has turned thin,add roasted vermicelli and take a boil.
- You may also add 2 tsp of diluted custard powder to thicken the kheer.
- Normally kheer thickens after an hour or more,so wait until then.
- Adjust sugar as per taste.
- If it turns dry add more milk.
- If you find water is less in the first stage of cooking it,add little.