Recipe adapted from: Sharmis Passions
Coconut-1 cup grated(Use the upper white gratings)
Cashewnuts broken-2 tbsp,roasted in ghee
Cardamom powder-1/4 tsp
Ghee-2 tsp +1 tsp
- Grease a square tin or a plate with a tsp of ghee.
- Take a thick bottomed kadai,mix water and sugar in it.
- Keep it on flame,stir it until the sugar dissolves.
- The mixture will start bubbling, keep stirring it until you get a single thread consistency.
- To check the single thread consistency take a drop of the syrup between your thumb and index finger,try to open your fingers slowly where you will see the single sticky sugar thread.
- At this stage add the grated coconut and keep stirring.
- When the mixture starts to bubble at the sides add ghee and roasted cashewnuts.
- Once the mixture starts to leave the sides of the pan and starts forming a thick mass switch off the gas.
- Don’t leave the mixture to get too dry.
- Immediately spread the mixture in the greased tray.
- Cut it into squares or desired shapes when it is still warm.
- Once you cut the burfi’s,don’t remove it immediately.
- Wait for an hour and slowly transfer it in the container.
- I refrigerated for few minutes before transferring it in the container.
- Refrigerate for further use.