Recipe adapted from :Tickling Palates
All purpose flour – 1 cup
Baking powder- 1tsp
Instant coffee powder-1/2 tsp
Cocoa powder- 1/2 cup
Sugar- 3/4 cup
Vegetable oil – 1/4 cup
Vanilla essence- 1 tsp
Powdered sugar- 1/2 cup
- Sieve together flour,baking powder , salt together and mix it.
- Beat together cocoa powder,sugar,oil in a bowl till it resembles a black sticky mass.
- Add 1 egg at a time and mix it well manually.
- Add in coffee powder and vanilla essence.
- Add the sieved ingredients into the liquid mixture and mix it well without overbeating.
- The dough will be super sticky,cover it with a lid and refrigerate overnight.
- Next morning or after 4-5 hours preheat the oven at 180 d c /350 d f for 10 minutes.
- Make small balls from the refrigerated dough and roll it completely in powdered sugar.
- Ensure that the balls are fully coated with powdered sugar.
- Place the balls on a greased tray (or butter paper lined) keeping 2 inch distance between them.
- Bake it in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Cool it on the wire rack for sometime and once cooled store it in an airtight container.
After 15 minutes,I turned the cookies on the opposite side and baked for 5 minutes further as it was slightly soft.