Baking is my passion and it relieves a lot of stress. Recently I found a handy sieve which I was longing to have since a long time . I had seen it in few food blogs. In Mangalore you will find it either in Harsha or homecentre (lifestyle). I have enclosed the picture in my pictorial presentation.These cookies are my daughter Sanjus favourite cookies and I prepared two batches on popular demand. Coming back to the recipe this is a very simple preparation and I slightly modified the recipe. I added honey into the dough for the flavour on Sanju’s suggestion . The cookies came out crisp and melt in mouth. No one can eat just one !
Recipe adapted from : yummytummyaarthi
Maida – 3/4 cup / 90 g
Oats – 1 cup / 90 g
Butter – 50 g / 2 ounce
Sugar – 1 cup , powdered
Vanilla essence – 1tsp
Milk – 3 tbsp
Baking soda – 1 tsp
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Chocolate chips – 3/4 cup
Honey – 2 tbsp (optional )
- Preheat the oven at 180 d. c .
- Line a foil to the baking tray , grease it and keep it ready .
- Sieve maida, baking soda, salt and mix well .
- Take a mixing bowl and cream powdered sugar and butter .
- Add essence and milk .
- Add the sieved ingredients and mix it lightly.
- Add oats ,chocochip and honey .
- Mix it well .
- Make balls , flatten and arrange in the greased tray leaving some space in between .
- Bake it for 20 minutes .
- Cool it and store it in an airtight container .
My notes :
- Timings may vary to bake .
- Adjust the temperature as per your oven .
- Always keep an eye while baking .
- I always follow and adjust temperature as per my o.t.g .
- Original recipe called for 3/4 cup of granulated sugar .
- If you find difficult to make balls ,refrigerate for few minutes .
Pictorial presentation :