December is a Christmas month and one of my favourite too . And only thing that comes in my mind is just bakes . I will try to share baked goodies in the space whenever possible . Today I’m going to share an interesting recipe of eggless honey cake . Just folllow the recipe blindly for great results . I shared this cake with my inlaws too and they like it very much . I slightly modified the recipe and made less sweet . The texture of the cake was simply fantastic . Please do try this recipe and send me the feedback . Stay tuned for more baked goodies !
Recipe adapted from : rakskitchen
Maida /All purpose flour – 1 1/4 cup
Condensed milk – 1 cup minus 2 tbsp
Oil – 1/2 cup
Orange juice – 1/2 cup
Sugar – 2 tbsp ( I have ignored )
Baking powder – 1tsp
Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
Orange zest – 1/2 tsp
Lime juice – 1 tsp
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
Ingredients for the honey syrup :
Sugar – 2 tbsp
Water – 1/2 cup
Honey – 1/4 cup
Ingredients for the jam spread :
Mixed fruit jam – 4 tbsp ( i just added 2 tbsp )
Sugar – 1tsp
For the garnish :
Desiccated coconut – as needed
- Grease and line a 8 inch baking tray .
- Preheat the oven at 180 d .c .
- Sieve flour ,baking powder and baking soda .
- Add orange zest and keep it ready .
- Take a mixing bowl , add condensed milk , oil and juice .
- Beat it well .
- Add dry ingredients and mix it lightly .
- Transfer it into a greased tin .
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the skewer comes out clean .
- Cool the cake completely and unmould it carefully .
Method for the honey syrup :
- Melt sugar and water together .
- Switch off the flame .
- When it is lukewarm add honey and mix well .
Method for the jam mixture :
- Mix sugar and jam together .
- Microwave for few seconds or keep it in flame .
- Melt it and keep it ready .
How to proceed :
- Take the cake and place it on the cake board or a plate .
- Prick it well with a knife .
- You may trim the edges of all four sides .
- Brush it with honey syrup all over .
- Reserve the remaining syrup .
- Spread the jam mixture .
- Garnish with desiccated coconut all over .
- Slice it and serve it .
- Once you slice you may brush it with remaining syrup .
- Refrigerate after a day .